April 13 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2013: Cahaba Beach Dog Park opened in Inverness.
- 2011: Community leader Doris Powell collapsed at Fountain Heights Park and died.
- 2011: Former St John's Episcopal Church for the Deaf rector Camille Desmarais died.
- 2008: Phase one of Seven Springs Ecoscape opened.
- 2005: Terrorist Eric Robert Rudolph pleaded guilty to the 1998 abortion clinic bombing and other crimes.
- 1985: Birmingham Stallions 20 - Oakland Invaders 17.
- 1983: Singer/songwriter Michael Warren was born in Hoover.
- 1973: Sumners Publishing Group owner Jason Sumners was born.
- 1939: A fire heavily damaged Odum, Bowers & White clothing store.
- 1926: Sammy West had a Birmingham Barons-record 6 hits in a game against Chattanooga.
- 1924: Confederate veteran and businessman Edmund Rucker died.
- 1924: National States Rights Party founder J. B. Stoner was born near Lookout Mountain, Georgia.
- 1840: Samuel Ullman was born in Hechingen, Germany.