December 26 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2012: Drummer Mark Reynolds died.
- 2007: Matt Murphy's radio program debuted at WAPI-AM.
- 2006: Sikes Shoe Company's Hoover location was closed.
- 1976: Larry Kenon set an NBA record for steals in a game with eleven.
- 1956: Fred Shuttlesworth led hundreds of Blacks onto Birmingham busses in defiance of local law. 22 were arrested and Shuttlesworth filed a federal lawsuit against the police.
- 1951: Bull Connor was arrested after being found in a hotel room with his secretary.
- 1937: Birmingham South Stars hockey coach Gene Ubriaco was born in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
- 1927: After screening a movie there the day before, Paramount President Adolph Zukor proclaimed the Alabama Theatre to be "The Showplace of the South."
- 1823: Walker County was established.