February 1 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2013: Marty's bar owner Marty Eagle died.
- 2012: Ted vonCannon succeeded Carma Jude as director of the Jefferson County Economic and Industrial Development Authority.
- 2011: EWTN acquired the National Catholic Register newspaper.
- 2010: Hamburger Heaven's Tarrant location opened.
- 2009: Tom Bradley retired as Hoover's fire chief.
- 2007: Edna Snow retired from the Homewood school system.
- 1998: Jodi Newton became superintendent of Homewood City Schools.
- 1997: Football player Bo Russell died.
- 1976: Neal Berte was sworn in as president of Birmingham-Southern College.
- 1948: Burchfiel Chimes were dedicated at East Lake United Methodist Church.
- 1948: Edgar Arendall preached his first sermon at Dawson Memorial Baptist Church.
- 1935: Paul Cole retired from the Birmingham Police Department.
- 1920: World War II aviator Nancy Crews was born in Birmingham.
- 1911: Radio actress Helen Walpole was born in Birmingham.
- 1888: Buffalo Rock founder Sid Lee moved to Birmingham.
- 1856: The East Alabama Male College was chartered in Auburn.