The chain is known for its pulled pork and chicken barbecue (offered in "blonde" or "brunette" for white or dark meat) and for its signature "Honey's Pies" (banana, chocolate, coconut and lemon cream pies).
Most Johnny Ray's locations are operated by The Johnny Ray Companies, Inc., headed by Alton Shields.
- 7268 Gadsden Highway in Trussville (opened 1990, reopening 2009)
- 3431 Colonnade Parkway, Colonnade
- 10569 Old Highway 280 in Chelsea (opened 2004)
- 2252 Pelham Parkway in Pelham
- 309 Huntley Parkway in Pelham
 Former locations
- 316 Valley Avenue (1985-2009)
- Roebuck Plaza Shopping Center (1954-1985)
- 1860 Center Point Parkway, Center Point (1990s)
- 3040 Allison Bonnett Memorial Drive, Hueytown (1990s)
- 2910 Morgan Road in Bessemer (1994-2009)
- 1460 Montgomery Highway in Vestavia Hills
- Natta, André. (July 1, 2009). "Farewell, Johnny Ray's." The Terminal.
- Cooper, Lauren B. (June 13, 2011). "Cellular Sales to take space in Vestavia." Birmingham Business Journal.
 External links
- Johnny Ray's website