July 13 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2009: The 2009 Southern League All-Star Game was held at Regions Park.
- 2008: The first phase of the Alabama National Cemetery was dedicated in Montevallo.
- 2007: AmSouth Bank branches in Alabama and Florida were converted to Regions Bank branches. The AmSouth Harbert Plaza was re-christened the Regions-Harbert Plaza.
- 2002: The Birmingham Steeldogs lost 53-44 at Tennessee Valley.
- 1994: Attorney and former champion shotputter Charlie Fonville died in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- 1993: Davey Allison died from injuries sustained the day before when his helicopter crashed in the infield of Talladega Superspeedway.
- 1987: Basketball player Johnny High died in a car crash in Phoenix, Arizona.
- 1973: Five crewmen were killed when a Birmingham Southern Railroad train derailed between Birmingport and Fairfield.
- 1971: First Alabama Bancshares (now Regions) was created by the union of the First National Banks of Montgomery and Huntsville and the Security Exchange Bank of Birmingham.
- 1921: Biblical scholar Frank Moore Cross was born in Ross, California.