March 27 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2010: The 20th Street South location of Ona's Music Room closed.
- 2009: Tennis player Roberta Alison Baumgardner died.
- 2008: Former Governor Don Siegelman was released on appeal after serving almost nine months in federal prison.
- 2007: Basketball coach James Perryman died.
- 2006: Southland Entertainment officials announced that Visionland would be re-named Alabama Adventure and $100 million of new rides and other facilities were on the drawing board.
- 2005: 10,000 attended a special Easter service hosted by Gardendale First Baptist Church at the BJCC.
- 2004: Birmingham Steeldogs lost 63-41 at Bossier City Battlewings.
- 1994: A Palm Sunday tornado injured 53 people and damaged businesses along U. S. Highway 31 in Shelby County.
- 1964: Radio personality Bubba Bussey was born.
- 1933: Football coach Vince Gibson was born.
- 1931: Presbyterian minister and head shop owner Ken Forbes, Jr was born in Birmingham.
- 1926: Sol's Hot Dogs owner Solomon Zarzour was born in Birmingham.
- 1904: Bethel Baptist Church was organized in Collegeville.
- 1889: Sid Lee married Minnie Coleman.
- 1865: All of the columns of Wilson's Raiders rejoined at Jasper.
- 1819: Ruhama Baptist Church was organized.