November 15 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2012: REV Birmingham debuted after the merger of Operation New Birmingham and Main Street Birmingham.
- 2011: Former judge and state senator Mac Parsons died.
- 2008: Former Red Diamond CEO William Bowron died.
- 2008: UAB defeated Tulane 41-24; Samford lost to Wofford 28-7; BSC lost to Millsaps 31-14.
- 2007: One-time Birmingham Barons pitcher Joe Nuxhall died in Fairfield, Ohio.
- 1980: Stephen Bolt won the Vulcan Run 10K with a time of 29:13.
- 1959: Actor Raymond Burr was made an honorary Birmingham Police captain during a visit promoting Christmas seals.
- 1955: Former UAB Blazers football head coach Neil Callaway was born in Macon, Georgia.
- 1934: Federal court judge Sam Pointer, Jr was born.
- 1931: Auburn Tigers basketball coach Sonny Smith was born.
- 1908: 8 miners were killed in the 1908 No. 3 Mine fire.
- 1901: Auburn won the 1901 Iron Bowl 17-0 in Tuscaloosa.
- 1900: Ensley Furnace No. 5 was blown in.
- 1898: Alabama Crimson Tide football coach Frank W. Thomas was born.
- 1883: The United States Senate Committee on Relations Between Labor and Capital held hearings at the Relay House
- 1881: World War I hero Mortimer Jordan was born in Birmingham.