November 19 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2008: Bass Pro Shops opened at Grand River in Leeds.
- 2005: Auburn won the Iron Bowl 28-18 at home.
- 2005: The playing field at Jordan-Hare Stadium was named in honor of Pat Dye.
- 1999: The Pelham Prowlers won 8-3 against the Daytona Racers.
- 1994: Alabama won the Iron Bowl 21-14 in Birmingham.
- 1966: UAB's Health Sciences Research Building was renamed the Lyons Harrison Research Building for Champ Lyons and Tinsley Harrison.
- 1951: NFL player Wilbur Jackson was born.
- 1944: FBI agent and reality show contestant Jack Owens was born.
- 1927: Legion Field opened with a game between Howard College and Birmingham-Southern.
- 1911: Short story writer Mary Elizabeth Counselman was born in Birmingham.
- 1905: Artist Garnet Leader was born.
- 1887: Baseball player Jack Nabors was born in Montevallo.
- 1859: Birmingham Police Chief Martin Eagan was born in Ireland.