November 9 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2010: Phyllis Wyne was elected president of the Birmingham Board of Education.
- 2006: Bottletree opened in Avondale.
- 2001: Shelia Smoot's contract with WBRC 6 ended without being renewed.
- 1994: Senator Richard Shelby switched his party affiliation.
- 1988: Baseball player Ross Wilson was born in Hoover.
- 1978: Baseball player Jason Standridge was born in Clay.
- 1973: Baseball player Brett Taft was born in Hueytown.
- 1965: Outfielder Willie Mays was named the National League's Most Valuable Player.
- 1939: Auburn and Dadeville High Schools played the first game at Auburn Stadium.
- 1866: Attorney and Alderman Robert Thach was born in Athens.
- 1821: Isreal Pickens succeeded Thomas Bibb to become the third Governor of Alabama.
- 1816: William Wyatt Bibb's term as a U.S. Senator ended.