October 12 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2010: Civil Rights foot soldier Tommy Wrenn died in Birmingham.
- 2010: Former Pro Bowl guard Woody Peoples died in Birmingham.
- 2008: The 5th annual St Clair County Fall Festival was held.
- 2006: Philip Williams was inaugurated as the 14th president of the University of Montevallo.
- 2006: The owners of Bevelle's Cafeteria in Bessemer won a judgement against Jefferson County.
- 2005: Songwriter Baker Knight died.
- 1972: Blues pianist Walter Roland died in Fairfield.
- 1960: Golfer Steve Lowery was born in Birmingham.
- 1944: Pathologist and political candidate Michele Waller was born in Buffalo, New York.
- 1902: Zion Lutheran Church's sanctuary at 2nd and 19th was dedicated.
- 1794: Furnace master Moses Stroup was born in Lincoln County, North Carolina.