On January 8, 2007 WJOX-AM changed its call letters to WSPZ and split its programming from WJOX, then known as "The Sports Monster". The same month talk-show host Paul Finebaum moved his call-in show to WJOX, following the conclusion of his contract with WERC-AM.
In July 2008, WJOX-FM began simulcasting on FM 100.5 and FM 94.5, moving to the more powerful 94.5 frequency exclusively later that month. On January 2, 2013 the station became an affiliate of the CBS Sports Radio network. Finebaum left when his contract expired later that month.
- Weekday mornings: "The Opening Drive" with Jay Barker, Al Del Greco and Tony Kurre
- Weekday mid-days: "The Matt and Scot Spectacular" with Matt McClearin and Scot Harrison
- Weekday afternoons: The JOX Roundtable with Ryan Brown, Jim Dunaway and Lance Taylor
 External links
- JoxFM website
- Carlton, Bob (January 6, 2007) "WJOX split will create 2 stations." The Birmingham News
- Carlton, Bob (January 19, 2007) "Finebaum headed to WJOX." The Birmingham News
- Carlton, Bob (February 7, 2013) "Dallas radio team to join Birmingham sports-talk station WJOX 94.5 FM as new midday hosts." The Birmingham News