Alabama Methodist Protestant Conference
The Alabama Conference of the Methodist Protestant Church was the regional body of the denomination encompassing the state of Alabama. It existed until 1939 when the Methodist Protestant Church (MPC) reunited with the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, to form the Methodist Church. At that time, Birmingham-area congregations of the MP Alabama Conference were incorporated into the North Alabama Conference of the Methodist Church.
In 1916, there were 89 Methodist Protestant churches in the conference with a total membership of 6,906. One of these was New Hope Methodist Protestant Church. It would later be renamed Cahaba Heights United Methodist Church. Another was a congregation in Birmingham later named Beverly Methodist Church. It was established as a mission around 1911 at 401 15th Way Southwest (later addressed as 1101 15th Way Southwest) and completed its first building in 1913.
African American members of the Methodist Protestant Church in Alabama were part of a separate Alabama Colored Mission.
- Journal of the Twenty-Second Quadrennial Session of the General Conference of the Methodist Protestant Church (1916) Pittsburgh, PA: Methodist Protestant Church.
- "New Sanctuary to be Built by Beverly Methodist" (September 26, 1959) The Birmingham News
- Brasher, Jack (2012) "The History of Cahaba Heights United Methodist Church" Cahaba Heights United Methodist Church.