Empire Refractory Specialists

From Bhamwiki
Revision as of 11:17, 14 January 2013 by Dystopos (talk | contribs) (New page: '''Empire Refractory Specialists''' was a supplier and installer of refractory materials for industrial uses located at 1723 24th Avenue in Hueytown. The compa...)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Empire Refractory Specialists was a supplier and installer of refractory materials for industrial uses located at 1723 24th Avenue in Hueytown. The company was founded in 1933 in Fort Wayne, Indiana as the Empire Fire Brick Company. It was purchased in 1985 by Larry Snell who moved it to Hueytown, and later headed by his son, Ron Snell. In addition to providing materials for refractory installations, the company consulted on design and repair issues and contracted for installation and repair work.

In January 2013, Empire was acquired by Thorpe-Sunbelt Inc., a division of the Houston-based Thorpe Specialty Services.

References

  • Diel, Stan (January 14, 2013) "Hueytown-based Empire Refractory acquired by Texas company." The Birmingham News

External link