Welcome to Bhamwiki
Bhamwiki, launched in 2006, is an ever-growing encyclopedic resource for anyone curious about Birmingham, Alabama and the region around it. We aim for accuracy, objectivity, and accessibility as we work steadily to expand our coverage.
Bhamwiki has 17,549 individual entries to explore. There are several ways to navigate the site. Click on any blue link to read an article about that topic. Try perusing some of our featured articles, or our newest entries. Look at what happened on this date in Birmingham's history. Take a chance by clicking on "random page" to the left. If you know what you're looking for, try using the search box. Or you can even start at the top and work your way in from there. Be aware that the information on Bhamwiki is contributed by its users, and no guarantee can be made about its accuracy or fitness for any purpose. Our policy is for contributors to cite sources for all information contributed. The reader is advised to verify our content with those original sources.
If you wish to notify us of errors, or to make comments, or suggest an idea for a new article, check out our Bhamwiki:Suggestion box. If you would like to join the project as an editor, please review our Bhamwiki:User agreement. Note that all contributions are reviewed for adherence to our content policy and are subject to correction and expansion by other editors.
Charles Linn mausoleum
In the news
- January 10: Alabama head football coach Nick Saban announced his retirement.
- January 6: Restaurateur Surin Techarukpong died.
- December 23: The Duke Blue Devils defeated the Troy Trojans 17-10 in the 2023 Birmingham Bowl at Protective Stadium.
- October 8: Mayor Randall Woodfin married Kendra Morris at a private residence at 2000 Warwick Drive opposite Vulcan Park.
- ...that during local prohibition in Bessemer a cluster of saloons opened in unincorporated "Whiskeytown" just east of the city limits?
- ...that the Nation of Islam was driven out of St Clair County in 1970?
- ...that Cinema City 8 was the largest multiplex in the nation when it opened in 1978?
- ...that in the 1930s all Dr Pepper syrup distributed east of the Mississippi was made in Birmingham?
Bhamwiki has been running since March 15, 2006. The project currently has 572 registered user accounts and contains approximately 17,549 articles. See Bhamwiki:Milestones for more information on the growth of the site. You can also join us on facebook or follow along on twitter or instagram.