Phoenix Bowling Center

From Bhamwiki
Revision as of 10:37, 2 February 2023 by Dystopos (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
1945 ad for the Phoenix Bowling Center

The Phoenix Bowling Center was a 12-lane bowling center located at 1706 2nd Avenue North in the basement of the Phoenix Building in downtown Birmingham. It was entered through the building's main lobby and opened at noon every day except Sundays.

Opened in 1933 by Harry and Elizabeth Arnold, it was one of the earliest public bowling alleys in the city, and was the first home of the Greater Birmingham USBC Association.

References