Crestline Heights Shopping Center
The Crestline Heights Shopping Center is a 102 x 145-foot retail strip completed in October 1947 on Church Street in Mountain Brook's Crestline Village. It was developed by John Strange, designed by Pembleton & Mims architects and constructed by Curtis Hooks for $125,000, including land. The center's original tenants included an A&P Super Market, Savage's Bakery, a pharmacy and a beauty salon.
A "New Crestline Heights Shopping Center" was added, adjacent to the Mountain Brook City Hall on Oak Street in 1955. The 192-foot strip was designed for seven retail tenants, including a beauty shop, dress shop, and children's apparel store. Each space featured 11-foot plate glass front windows, and acoustical tile ceilings with fluorescent strip lighting. The outside of the building was constructed of Roman-style brick. The developer was Joe Scotch of Scotch Real Estate and Insurance Co.
- "New Crestline Heights Shopping Center" (August 1947) Birmingham News - via Birmingham Rewound
- "New Crestline Hts. Shopping Center Slated For Completion This Week" (August 29, 1955) Birmingham Post-Herald - via Birmingham Public Library Digital Collections